Saturday, May 26, 2012

How come I sit here staring at a blank screen, when there is so much in my head that I want to get out, things I want to say, but they just don't come easily.  I should start by saying things have been good lately, really good.  Seems like the new Simponi is working by taking away the swelling and the pain, and those USANA vitamins I tell you, they are the answer too!  I feel so much better these days that I was talked into signing up for a Duathlon on Sept.8th in Wasaga Beach! I think I was all caught up in the excitement because its something I wanted to do for years, even went so far as to register 3 years ago for one,but I didn't make it.  One, because of training, but mostly because it coincided with our race weekend in Mosport, and it just wasn't going to happen.  But I did train for it...mostly :) So this time Jacquie and I signed up for it, and I woke up the next morning and I was all like, 'holy shit! this is for real, we signed up together and PAID for it, now I'm responsible for another person, not just me!'  SO I better get training...and the running, biking, sore butt, knees, feet begins.....but I have a goal, a reason to get out there now, a true inspiration to put my shoes on, both running and riding shoes.

 It all begins with the water bottle, loading up the Camelbak, preparing the snacks for on the go, the water, the electrolyte tabs, the Gatorade for afterwards, the Garmin( holy crap, did I remember to charge it), Park pass, the music(is the battery charged, did I load fresh music, God please don't let me have to listen to the same crap again! nope, forgot.), the right socks, right shoes, and right clothes...check.

 Performance anxiety for every time I step out that door, ABSOLUTELY...sigh, why am I so hard on myself, why can't I just go, be free and enjoy?

12 weeks of this, will I survive?  Oh Race Day, you wont come soon enough, and then all  of a sudden you'll be here, and I will be ready...because it's the journey that counts, it's where you learn about yourself.  It's where you see if you have 'inner fortitued' as Dad called it.  I have it...somewhere, packed away....guess I better get it ready for tomorrow, pack it up with my Camlebak, and all my other goodies...I'm going to need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment