Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Beautiful Spring Day not Wasted

Would you believe me if I told you that I mowed the lawn today? D actually bought me a new lawn mower and I was out there mowing the ditch and doing the trim today....not as good as I could've, as I was told, because I forgot some spots, but I claimed to have 'sore' hands so I was done as much as I could do ;)  A wee fib, but the vibrations from the mower really make my hands feel like there's bugs crawling through them, and then after a few minutes, they hurt.  And then there's the pulling and pushing of the mower, up the hills, thro the thick grass, around the trees, back and forth, push, pull...sigh, who can blame me for quitting early!  Anywho, it's done for another week, I just wont let it get so long before I cut it next week....I hope.

And then I puttered, wandered in the field behind the house, looking for small trees that may like to be transplanted into a loving backyard like ours..and to what do my wandering eyes do appear...Asparagus! Yippe! I thought it had all burnt in the frost from the early spring, fooled you, Mother Nature says.

No comments:

Post a Comment