Monday, April 30, 2012

Life, fibro and RA have gotten in my way, but the one thing I realized as I went for a run yesterday was how much I truly missed it! The freedom, the smells, the sights, the just being one with your body, no matter how hard the fight is...and it's hard. I say that because this morning nothing in my body works right :(  When I rolled, and mean literally, ROLLED out of bed, I thought someone had taken a bat to my knees and my right hip :(  It's a good thing that there isnt a reality TV show about my life, the short walk from the bedroom to the bathroom in the mornings would make most people spit out their coffee laughing :)

Damn run, damn down hills!

But I was so thankful to be able to go yesterday, I thought about it all morning, like it was  my secret that I was keeping...hoping that the day stayed bright and sunny, and that I wouldn't lose my nerve to the ever present 'performance anxiety' beast, and give up and not go.  Kinda hard to give up, when all around my is reminders to "Never, Never, Never Give Up'....plus I knew we were having potato salad for supper AND lemontarts, soooo kinda had to go!  One thing about not running, or being active, you gain weight, in all kinds of places that arent fair, and that make wearing the same clothes a wee bit uncomfortable at times :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you sooooo much for your kind comments on my blog. You have truly lifted up my spirits. :)

    ReplyDelete